Pages

Thursday, 29 March 2012

7 Rides. 7 Challenges


In April 2012 I start a discipline of 7 individual cycle challenges over a period of 7 months in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Kiss it Better charity, helping children who are fighting cancer. My target is to raise £25,000.

About CHALLENGE7
I decided back in 2011 to set myself a personal challenge regarding riding my bike. After many weeks of thinking what I really wanted to do I came up with the idea of CHALLENGE7. This would be a discipline of 7 individual cycling journeys that would take me from London to Monte Carlo and across the French Alps, over the Pyrenees, as well as tackling mountains in Belgium, Italy, Switzerland and Spain. When (not “if”!) I complete these challenges I will have covered over 3,500 miles, climbed over 219,000ft and cycled up some of the
steepest mountains in Europe.



I know I will have to cope with some tough times ahead as I take on this challenge, but knowing that the money I raise will be helping children that are going through extremely difficult circumstances gives me even more strength and determination to achieve what I have set out to do.




The challenge plan


Challenge 1 London to Paris (April 2012)
Challenge 2 London to Monte Carlo (May 2012)
Challenge 3 Belgium’s four steepest climbs (May 2012)
Challenge 4 King of the Mountains, across the French Alps (June 2012)
Challenge 5 Crossing the Pyrenees, coast to coast (August 2012)
Challenge 6 Cycling high in Spain (August 2012)
Challenge 7 Tackling the Italian and Swiss mountains (September 2012)


How you can get involved!


DONATE
Please show some support by sponsoring CHALLENGE7 and helping Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. You can donate at my Just Giving page www.justgiving/challenge7 – every penny helps!


TAKE PART
If you would like to join me on one of the stages of CHALLENGE7 then please send me a message using our website contact form. www.Challenge7.com


HELP FUND THE LOGISTICS
If you can help fund any of the logistics behind CHALLENGE 7, including the support vehicle, spare parts, website and so on, please send me a message using our website contact form.

No comments: