Pages

Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Introducing Foffa Gear. Worth the wait? Absolutely!



Foffa Gear...begin building! 

I credit Foffa, they could have dropped their gear collection last year, answering the prays of many a road cyclist (myself included) with the option to build a custom geared bike. One at a price which wasn't going to kill my bank balance and end my relationship. How I begged Foffa for a geared bicycle, just chuck on some Shimano gears and I'll be on my way - it can be are little secret. Unfortunately my pleas were futile, I left disgruntled. I jumped back on my vintage 1980's Peugeot racer and that was the end of that, I needed gears and I wasn't settling for less. I searched other places but nowhere was offering that custom bespoke build service without a £2000 plus price tag. 

The point is Foffa didn't introduce a geared bike to their collection last year because they couldn't, they waited because it had to be right. The experience is what makes Foffa so great, if they have to substitute quality and product they won't do it - its that simple. Unknown to me at the time the Foffa guys were beavering away in their East London studio developing the gear range and long behold a year later the Gear collection was conceived, and my ooo my wasn't it an immaculate conception!  



Whether you prefer steel for its durability, flexibility or aesthetics, there’s no doubt that it’s the preferred material for urban cycling frames. Unless you're a professional racer touring the roads of Europe, carbon frames aren't necessary. Obviously performance is important but don't be fooled by the elaborate sales pitches behind some of the geared bicycles out there, a wise man once told me don't pay for things you don't need - the beauty with Foffa is you're in complete control when it comes to the bike you want to ride. Thats why custom is so great! 

Starting at £945 you can create your very own Foffa dream. When you consider an entry level Bianchi and Charge will set you back £850, to me it truly is a no brainer. Yes I'll be the first to admit there are a collection of great geared bike brands, Charge being one of them, however Foffa are now definitely part of the conversation when discussing geared bicycles.
For now I'll let the images do the talking visually. In regards to performance I won't bore you with my opinions, head down to their Pinchin St workshop yourself - you won't be disappointed. 
















No comments: