Change to Bow Roundabout at last? I'm not holding my breath.
TFL has proposed two possible solutions to the "infamous" Bow Roundabout, East London. Hopefully this will signal an end to any future accidents occurring. Its unfortunate and deeply upsetting its taken the loss of two lives for the authorities to take action. Being an active cyclist I'm all for cycling lanes, however common sense must prevail prior to designs such as the ones above being implemented. Painting a blue line on the ground doesn't automatically translate into a safe cycling haven for cyclists, to often however this seems to be the case.
I often cycle over Bow Roundabout. Its crazy to think I find cycling over Bow flyover safer than cycling along the designated bicycle lanes provided beneath. That has to change.
TFL has proposed two possible solutions to the "infamous" Bow Roundabout, East London. Hopefully this will signal an end to any future accidents occurring. Its unfortunate and deeply upsetting its taken the loss of two lives for the authorities to take action. Being an active cyclist I'm all for cycling lanes, however common sense must prevail prior to designs such as the ones above being implemented. Painting a blue line on the ground doesn't automatically translate into a safe cycling haven for cyclists, to often however this seems to be the case.
I often cycle over Bow Roundabout. Its crazy to think I find cycling over Bow flyover safer than cycling along the designated bicycle lanes provided beneath. That has to change.

