Bicycle Basecamp Contributor, Simon Nurse of Cycle Stuff
After banging on and on and on (and on) about British manufacturing, small companies, ‘sticking it to the man’ etc. etc., you would be forgiven for wondering if I did my bit at the London bike show. Well, I can assure you I did. Not as much as I would have liked to, but that level of indulgence would have seriously reduced my waning green credentials further. Even my giant book of useful excuses would struggle to justify more expenditure on another bike. BAGS however, are a different case entirely.
Incidentally the Carradice stand was thoroughly excellent at the show. The staff were friendly and helpful, the products pretty and practical. But what else would you expect from a British institution that’s been around for 70 odd years? Hopefully I’ll catch up with them next year (we’re signed up already for next year’s show)
To confirm those nagging suspicions, the blog post title was borrowed from a Bike Show podcast, which was in turn, a pun borrowed from the dire Phil Collins track ‘Another day in paradise’. Thank you Bike Show. – the song is now permanently stuck on my mental turntable and I’d much rather listen to something else. Swines. 
*I don’t really carry iron-ore, but I’m at a loss to explain why all this stuff is so bloody heavy.

No comments:
Post a Comment